2. In addition to these terms and conditions, the laws of the Republic of Estonia regulate the legal relationships arising from the marketing of products through the e-shop.
1. The entrepreneur accepts only new goods in original packaging for return. If the item has been used, has been affected or is not in the correct appearance, returns are not possible.
2. The entrepreneur accepts goods for return within 14 days after the buyer receives the shipment. If you want to return your purchases, please contact the customer service center as early as possible ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) . You have to fill out the return form, add it to the product and send the package back. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Company does not reimburse the postal costs associated with returning the goods.
3. In the event of withdrawal from the transaction, the Company shall return to the Customer the sums paid by him by transferring the refunded amount to the Customer's bank account within 14 days at the latest after the product has arrived at the Company or upon receipt of the certificate submitted by the Customer regarding the return of the product.
4. If you want to return the goods, you must do so within 14 days after receiving the goods. Subsequent returns will not be reviewed.
Refusal to purchase
1. It is not possible to refuse goods that are made to individual order.
Making a claim
1. In the event that disagreements have arisen between the Customer and the Company regarding the defects of the product, the Customer has the right to appeal to the Company with a claim, stating his name and contact details, the date of filing the complaint, the defect in the product, and own desirable solution.
2. In the case of returning a product that does not meet the requirements, the amount paid for the product will be reimbursed to the Customer along with the shipping cost to the bank account indicated by the Customer within 14 days at the latest.
3. In the event that the Customer and the Company do not reach an agreement regarding the dispute, the Customer has the right to turn to the Consumer Disputes Committee operating at the Consumer Protection Board in Estonia and to the European Union Online Dispute Resolution Center at http://ec.europa.eu/odr for an out-of-court settlement of the dispute. Review of a complaint at the Consumer Disputes Commission is free of charge for the parties. The laws of the Republic of Estonia are used to resolve disputes in Estonia at the Consumer Protection Board.
4. In case of disagreement with the Commission's decision, the parties have the right to appeal to the county court where the Entrepreneur is located.
If there are differences between the terms Estonian and foreign language in the text or they can be interpreted in several ways, the Estonian language is used as the basis.